@1 year ago with 110 notes
#photo #reblog #África
- 75% of South Africans suffer from malnutrition.
- 1.3 million children died due to AIDS in 2009 in sub-Sahara Africa.
- 14.8 million children have lost one or more parents to AIDS.
- 1 in 3 children will die or suffer from malnutrition.
- 140 million children live in extreme poverty.
- 200,000 children are sold into slavery every year.
- 120,000 children are forced or choose to participate in armed conflict.
- 12-14 million children are orphaned by AIDS.
- Almost half lack proper drinking water.
- A little more that half of the children are in school.
- “1 in 6 African children die before the age of five.”
- 1/3 of children in Africa are underweight.
- 10% of children under 1 year of age will die in the first year of life.
These are just a few of the statistics that deprived, innocent children suffer from every moment in Africa of. These children need help today. Let us save them while we still can.
All statistics were found from:
Stand Up For Africa; http://www.standupforafrica.org.uk/work/facts.php
Food 4 Africa; http://www.food4africa.org/
HIV and AIDS in Africa; http://www.avert.org/aids-africa-questions.htm
Picture provided from; http://guardgirl14.glogster.com/children-in-conflict-malnutrition-in-africa/
Click on any/all these websites to learn more about poverty, disease, malnutrition, food supply and other social issues that control the children of Africa.
Junte todo amor que ainda tiver, reúna todas as forças que ainda te restam e aquelas que puder ainda produzir, vamos lá, precisamos fazer…
(Source: bethechangeinthe-world, via sergiorauber)